The Dinamica Jacket lives up to its name by handling dynamic conditions spanning Castelli's recommended temperature range of 25 - 50 degrees Fahrenheit. It's also water resistant, so it's more than equal to those chilly base miles in early spring that inevitably see a sprinkling of rain. As with most things in the performance outdoors realm, the Dinamica owes its dynamic nature to a Gore membrane, which provides full protection against wind and water across the entire jacket. The Dinamica doesn’t position a weather shield across your chest only to leave your back exposed to falling rain and rising road spray.
The theme of protection extends up the neck and down the arms, literally, with a tall collar and a cuff designed to accommodate gloves. The lie-flat elastic slips under the gloves' cuffs, while a short flap of Windstopper X-Fast ensures there's no gap.
- A cycling jacket for intense efforts in chilly, wet conditions
- Gore's Windstopper X-Fast membrane blocks weather and breathes
- Brushed backing traps warmth behind the membrane
- Breathability manages moisture during intervals
- Cuffs designed to accommodate gloves without a gap
- Extended collar shields your throat against the chill
- Three rear pockets for ride essentials
- Reflective details add visibility in low-light conditions
- Item #CST00OD
- [membrane/laminate] Gore Windstopper X-Fast
- fall, spring, winter
- 3 rear
- Claimed Weight
- [small] 370g
- Recommended Use
- gravel, road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
What do you think about this product?
February 3, 2020
- I've used it several times
I wanted to love this jacket. The material and warmth is great for winter cycling in 25 - 40 degree temps. The sleeves don't ride up and the collar stays put. Wind is completely blocked. The fit is tight but has some stretch. However, I was disappointed once on my bike. Although I am consistently a size medium, with average torso length, this jacket is very short and uncomfortably twisted and pulled up my back while riding. For the price, and the fact this is a cold weather jacket, I would expect the material to be longer in the back for protection from the elements. Perhaps this could work for a woman who is shorter than average?