Zone LV Climbing Shoe
Black Diamond introduced the Zone LV climbing shoe into their line for climbers who got psyched in the entry-level Momentum and now want to take their climbing to the next level. Using the Black Diamond aggressive last, the semi-aggressive nature of the Zone helps direct power to the toe box for precision control on small edges. That, combined with a fitted heel and rubber on the the upper make all footwork more controlled—like locking in that heel- or toe-hook on an overhanging sequence.
The Zone fits nicely between the Black Diamond Shadow and Focus as an all-around climbing shoe. Where the Shadow lacks a midsole and the Focus remains stiff, the Zone offers a medium midsole for moderate tension from heel-to-toe. This means enough structure for steeper projects or longer multi-pitch routes. Even though you're likely to heat up halfway through that multi, the knit upper offers breathability to keep your feet cooler than they would be in rubber or suede. The low volume nature of the Zone LV fits narrower feet for optimal performance.
- Moderately aggressive climbing shoe for pushing grades
- Medium midsole provides tension for steep routes or problems
- Knit upper promotes breathability for long days at the crag
- Rubber vamp locks in toe-hooks
- Extra-wide hook-and-loop top strap locks in heel for secure fit
- LV: low-volume last for narrow feet
- Item #BLD00Z4