Why We Like The Black Diamond Belay Parka
Black Diamond created the Belay Parka for the most mind-numbing, teeth-chattering days in the mountains. Featuring ThermoLite insulation, this parka is like wearing a sleeping bag if a sleeping bag was harness-compatible and offered full use of our arms. Oversized drop pockets on the inside hold gloves, water, and anything else we might need while belaying, and four zippered external pockets give us a place to store our essentials. The drawcord hem can be cinched tight to lock in precious heat, and the helmet-compatible hood can be tightened around our helmet to keep the cold drafts out. To top it off, the jacket's exterior has a DWR treatment to repel light moisture, and underarm gussets allow for a full range of motion when belaying.
- Insulated jacket with technical features for climbing
- Adjustable climbing helmet-compatible hood
- Lightweight stretch cuffs seal out the cold drafts
- Two-way belay device-friendly YKK front zipper with wind flap
- Drawcord adjustment on the hood and hem to seal out cold air
- Underarm gussets for added range of motion
- Item #BLDZ9PO
- [shell] 50D ripstop PFC-free, [liner] 20D nylon taffeta
- Primaloft Rise, Primaloft Gold Cross Core
- adjustable, helmet compatible
- 2 zippered hand, 2 zippered chest, 2 internal drop
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 12oz
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help