Why We Built The Qué Chiva River Hat
We like to enjoy the weekend sunshine in our Qué Chiva River Hat, whether we’re kayaking, SUPing, or just hanging out at the campsite. We designed it using artwork from an artist in our very own Herd: Amelia Mayo is a member of Backcountry’s Costa Rica photo team and a talented illustrator (follow along on Instagram @arteameliamayo). To honor Amelia’s home, we named this hat for a Costa Rican phrase that translates to “that’s awesome!”—and we consider it extra awesome that “chiva” means goat in Spanish.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Straw sun hat perfect for days on the water or campsite hangouts
- Wide brim offers excellent coverage from the desert sun
- Synthetic trim along the brim enhances longevity
- Integrated adjustable chinstrap allows hat to be worn on user’s back
- Item #BCCZ2ET
- 100% straw
- chinstrap cinch
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited lifetime
- casual, flatwater paddling, river fishing, river paddling, stillwater fishing
What do you think about this product?