Select style & size:Select options
Maximize your safety.
There's no point in lugging an avalanche pack into the backcountry if it's not ready to be deployed. Keep your ARVA Reactor series pack ready to spring into action with the North America Steel Cylinder.
- High-strength steel cylinder for Reactor avalanche packs
- Barometric pressure: nitrogen 300 bar
- Must be refilled by manufacturer
- In accordance with DOT/TC regulations and International Air Transport Association (IATA table 2.3.A) regulation for baggage carried by passengers
- Item #CMA002J
- Q & A
Why compressed gas?
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Arva went with a compressed gas canister for a few reasons, the primary one being safety should not be compromised. The fact is the compressed, and sealed, gas canister is the most proven system on the market. Zero leaking, more stable at temperature and elevation than compressed air, less susceptible to corrosion, and more blasting power (4300 PSI) are some of the other benefits. Sure some arrangements need to be taken to travel, if renting or exchanging are not a convenient option, consider shipping a canister to your destination ahead of time whether a new purchase, or one of your own.
Last, the small size of this system allows for a lot of functional and packable space compared to other packs and systems. You can pack a load close to your back and balanced inside the pack.
It can be tough to compare the actual size of the canister/cylinder, so this is a representation of how all the current gas and compressed air systems stack up.