Tenacity at its finest.
Living in the shadow of Lone Peak is no easy task, especially when its ridgeline taunts you with its mercilessly technical terrain and awe-inspiring views. So, it should come as no surprise that the Altra Lone Peak 4.0 Trail Running Shoe is designed to tackle tough trails, scrambles, and descents with equal parts tenacity and finesse. The combo of an aggressive sole and tough upper make the Lone Peak one of the hardest working trail shoes you'll have the pleasure of bagging peaks with.
The Lone Peak is fashioned with the tacky MaxTrac outsole and TrailClaw lugs, which assure unprecedented traction whether you're navigating talus or hardpack. Meanwhile, Altra's proven Foot Shape platform and Zero Drop construction allows your foot moves naturally as you run. Being the women's version, Altra shaped the Lone Peak with its Fit4Her last, which is adapted to accommodate the minimal, but significant shape differences in men's and women's feet. The midsole flexes to match the natural inclination of your tendons and bones to ensure comfort reduce the risk of injury. And, since it is an Altra, the shoe's zero drop construction encourages a mid-foot landing, while the all new Stoneguard safeguards your foot from rugged terrain by deflecting rocks.
- Burly running shoe to tackle the most rugged mountain trails
- Zero Drop Platform encourages low impact running for happy joints
- Durable upper features textured toe cap for protection from debris
- Breathable upper has drainage holes for stream crossings
- A-Bound cushioning offers energy return for a lively stride
- Stoneguard offers protection from rugged terrain for a stable ride
- MaxTrac sole offers combination of grip, traction, and durability
- TrailClaw lugs provide traction at toe off for a no-slip stride
- Item #ATR004N
- Q & A
Better Than a Cast
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
A review from my sister:
"I had a foot surgery not heal correctly and my orthopedic doctor had prescribed these shoes to help ease the pain, making a correction the way I walk. These shoes have done just that! They make me have a better posture and they have been very comfortable every step of the way. They do fit a little snug so I had jumped up a half size which helped with how narrow they are. Great shoe, thanks Altra!"
Light and grippy
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I'm a big fan of Altra's for trail running. You can't beat the traction on these. The lighter shoe makes it feel like you fly over the rocks on the trails. The zero drop and wide toe box took some getting used to, but now I truly think it helps my form. This model is more narrow in the middle than previous models, which I find to be a nicer snug fit.