Select style & size:Select options
Massive and maneuverable.
AIRE's DD Series 16ft Raft can be rigged as a massive gear-hauler during week-long river trips or set up as a large paddle raft. The boat's massive dimensions may lead you to believe it's an immobile behemoth, but thanks to its aggressive rocker profile and double diminished tubes, it's a surprisingly nimble giant that's able to maneuver quickly and slam through holes and waves with relative ease—it also doesn't hurt to have eight paddles pushing you through.
AIRE built the DD with its AIREcell construction, which consists of urethane air bladders encased in a burly PVC fabric that's reinforced along the base for added protection from underlying obstacles. The raft doesn't ship with any thwarts, but it can be set up with either two when you're setting it up with a oar frame, dry boxes, and coolers, or it can be set up with four to accommodate a paddle team of up to eight people.
- Big whitewater raft ideal for high-volume rivers
- Double diminished tubes for responsive handling
- Aggressive rocker blasts through holes and waves
- Self-bailing floor with reinforced PVC base
- Durable PVC outer fabric protects urethane air bladders
- Twelve large D-rings allow for secure rigging
- Can be rigged with two or four thwarts (not included)
- Item #ARE001J
- Hull Material
- [AIREcell] urethane, [fabric] 1670D x 37oz PVC
- 16ft 1in
- Tube Diameter
- Diminishing Tubes
- Air Chambers
- not included
- Removable Thwarts
- yes, fits up to 4
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- whitewater paddling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 10 year
California Proposition 65
What do you think about this product?
October 3, 2018
Stable Gear Hauler
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
While you won't get much creaking done in this boat, it will punch the big waves full to the brim with all your river essentials and a heap of stuff you didn't really need. I fit it with a Big Horn II and it's hole smasher.