Select Style & Size
Premium Chain Guide
Any turned pedal lost to a fallen chain is an absolute travesty in your book, which is why you ride with Absolute Black's Premium Chain Guide firmly attached to your mountain bike. This light, durable guide comes in round or oval shapes to better accommodate your duo-wheeled vehicle's mechanics, and the adjustable chainline virtually attaches to any sized chain you sport on your mountainous mode of transportation.
- Chain guide prevents dropped chains from disrupting your flow
- Light, durable alloy is virtually weightless
- Titanium inserts retain long-lasting durability
- Adjustable chainline (48-53mm) for universal compatibility
- Item #ABC0007
- [baseplate] 7075 aluminum, [cage] GF+PA66 polymer, [bolts] titanium
- Mount Type
- direct mount, ISCG 05, e-type
- Chainring Sizes
- (oval) 26 - 34 T, (round) 28 - 36 T
- Claimed Weight
- [ISCG 05 mount] 0.8oz (22.2g), [S3/e-type mount] 0.6oz (17g), [ISCG 05/BSA mount] 0.6oz (17.5g), [high DM mount] 1oz (29.2g)
- Recommended Use
- mountain biking
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 22, 2017
Good Idea with poor manufacturing
- I've put it through the wringer
I had just switched to a 1x11 drivetrain and thought this would be a good component to help minimize chain drop. Unfortunately, this component didn't even last me 20 minutes on my first ride.. I'm still not sure what exactly caused the piece to break. What i do know is that the piece in the middle that guides your chain in place split in half. I'm assuming this is because of the amount of torque applied to the chain and the way it pulls against the poorly manufactured plastic. I am considerably disappointed due to the cost of this product. I can see how it would be useful but I would not recommend the same product. I emailed customer support regarding the complications and the company Absolute Black stated "it doesn't look to me like a warranty issue, but damage due to a user error". I had the part professionally installed by Bingham Cyclery and brought the bike back to them to check for an installation error. They showed me the installation specs for the piece and had followed what was indicated within the package. Terrible product with even worse customer service, have fun getting ripped off.