Select your style & size:Select options
Easily attaching to most cars, the Yakima BaseLine Adjustable Clamp Tower System caters to vehicles without roof rails or gutters. The BaseLine Adjustable Clamp Towers work with Yakima's JetStream, CoreBar, and RoundBar (with adapter) crossbars, delivering a robust platform for carrying all your gear and equipment. Its Tri-axial DropHook clip suits a wide variety of roof shapes for a secure hold at high speeds.
Adjusting to fit even curved or sloping rooftops, the BaseLine's BarBed sports 12-degrees of pitch adjustment for a level mounting platform. It comes with either a four or two-pack of BaseLine towers, one torque tool for installation, and one parts bag. However, make note that you'll still need to purchase Yakima's BaseClips, which come tailored to your specific vehicle.
- Designed for cars without roof rails or gutters
- BaseClips required (sold separately) for installation
- Works with Yakima's JetStream, CoreBar, and RoundBar crossbars
- Tri-axial DropHook clip attachment
- BarBed with 12-degree pitch adjustment
- Maximum load rating of 165-pounds, depending on vehicle
- Locks to vehicle with Yakima's SKS locks (sold separately)
- RoundBar SL Adapter required for use with Yakima RoundBar
- Includes: 4-pack or 2-pack of BaseLine towers, 1 torque tool, 1 parts bag
- Item #YAK001P
- Q & A
Yakima System - Easy to install
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I purchased this system with help from my gearhead. After installing this system I am very confident in the product.
It was easy to install and the yakima design is very high quality. I look forward to getting much use out of the system.
These are awesome! However I could not get these installed myself. Had to take them to a shop to get them installed properly.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Yet again, another quality product made by Yakima. This rack is very easy to install. From start to finish it took me under 2 hours. That is counting my guaranteed mess ups any time I try building something. You can use the Yakima Rack Configurator linked to this page to ensure you're getting the right cross bars, towers, clips, and/ or wind fairings. I did actually have an issue with one of my towers when taking it out of the box. It was missing some hardware, but I called Yakima and they over nighted me a brand new tower. The quality of their products and customer service like that is why I will definitely be returning to Yakima for any future roof rack.
Feel free to reach out directly to me with any and all questions. firstname.lastname@example.org or (801)204-4657