Ultralight with super snappy style, the UBR Thunder Parka is your ticket to a warm and dry commute on freezing winter days. It features a highly weather-resistant construction designed to fend off flurries, and is packed with high-loft goose down for efficient thermal insulation without the weight. The below-hip cut offers much-needed coverage when you're walking to the subway or hailing a cab, with a center-front zip that's two-way for convenience once you've grabbed a seat. UBR equipped the Thunder Parka with an insulated hood for snowy weather, but you can always zip it off if you're headed out under clear skies.
- Backcountry Exclusive
- Insulated parka for cold winter weather in the city
- Breathable membrane offers highly water-resistant protection
- Stretchy fabric treated to shed light dirt and precipitation
- High-loft insulation provides ulta-light warmth on frigid days
- Two-way center zip for sit-down convenience during your commute
- Reflective hits keep you visible during late nights on the town
- Assorted pockets provide a stash for small essentials
- Item #UBR000Y
- [membrane/laminate] Regulator, [face fabric] Dynamic 4-way stretch, DWR treatment
- 800-fill goose down
- critical seams sealed
- below hip
- 2 zippered hand, internal
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 10.5oz
- Recommended Use
What do you think about this product?
December 18, 2019
Fantastic Coat. Light weight and Warm
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 185 lbs
Amazing light weight coat. Fits over my sport coat for work and easy to pack and travel. The stretch is very comfortable. Even the hood is very functional. You can see around you without pulling it down. The coat keeps me warm, even in Chicago.
December 24, 2018
Gorgeous jacket, but not worth $1000.
- I returned this product before using it
- Runs small
- Size Bought
- 5` 4"
- 140 lbs
Jacket is really nice, warm, however, the zippers often get stuck. I'd have hoped for YKK. For $1000, I would have expected better. Returned it, after I couldn't get the zippers working properly.
December 17, 2019
What is the fill power and weight of down in this? Separate from the specs list on the site, how does this compare to the UBR Redox parka? E.g., if a person owned both of them, what would that person say is similar and different between them?