Select style & size:Select options
Some components are built to look good on showroom floors; some are built to still show up after seasons of enduro abuse. Though they're brand new, one run on TruVativ's Descendant Riser Handlebar was enough to convince us that they're in the latter group. They're made from 7050 aluminum, a material that forgoes the pomp of plastic in favor of the reliability of time-tested metal, and the slight rise and generous length add stability and confidence through corners and across the real chunky stuff.
The bar's rise adds more stability by shifting your center of gravity back slightly, but the length makes cornering easier and steering more responsive by accounting for the slack head tubes that typically define enduro sleds. The combination nets a cockpit that's comfortable rolling roughshod over terrain instead of dicing through it. It retains the big-hit hunger of your 66-degree monster, but it also tidies up the occasionally sloppy steering that we associate with those brutish bikes.
- A riser bar that's equal to enduro punishment
- Rise shifts your center of gravity back for rougher courses
- Long bar teases responsive steering out of slack head tubes
- Reliable aluminum body doesn't get mushy on taxing courses
- TruVativ builds the Descendant line to meet the needs of today's aggressive enduro scene
- Item #TRU001C
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
great bar, very durable and has I nice finish to it. perfect length and rise, it is super comfortable!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
If you are looking for an inexpensive riser bar, this is the one. It is really strong and relatively light. It looks great.