Into the clouds.
When you and your crew pack up for a weekend of biking out of a yurt in the Sawtooths, be sure the Troy Lee Designs Skyline Short makes it into your pack. Allowing you to keep gear to a minimum without sacrificing comfort, the Skyline includes its own removable liner and chamois that you can swap out during multi-day trips if needed. Both the short and liner are highly breathable, of course, and the chamois features perforated foam padding to keep air moving while it cushions. TLD also wisely added a highly adjustable waist design, so fit issues don't leave you lagging behind the group on that ridgeline shuttle ride you've all been aching to try. As you drift around corners and drop low behind the saddle on a sweeping descent through burned out forest, the Skyline's stretchy rear panels will preserve your mobility and prevent any annoying bunching so you can focus on all of that tacky dirt up ahead.
- Spend days on dirt in TLD's best-selling trail short
- Relaxed fit is tailored for the needs of trail riding
- Four-way stretch polyester fabric is stretchy but durable
- Breathable Air 2.0 Liner includes a built-in chamois
- Waist adjusters help you dial in the right fit for you
- 2 zippered pockets keep ride snacks and a spare tube secure
- Item #TLD00WC
- Q & A
These are my go to shorts, have used the Skyline Race before and prefer those because they have the pouch in the back, but can't complain about these.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 34
The skyline short has been a staple for a while now. I have no complaints about the 2017 variant of them so far. In fact, I'm buying a second pair now!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
I gave these as a gift and after the shell of the shorts were tried on for size he decided to return them and here is what he had to say:
"These are great shorts, except for the fact that they have a velcro fly, which is not the most ideal for any guy. It's loud, it takes a lot of time to line up the velcro properly."
Fit really well, the material is super durable and breathable.