Crashes can be a pretty serious bummer, especially if you're not on spectating side of things. When you're the one blowing up on the landing or flying over the bars, your hurt pride and scraped knees are made all the worse by an irreplaceable gash in your favorite baggies. Though rips are sometimes unavoidable, some shorts are better than others at standing up to rocks, scree, and other ill-intentioned trail furniture. Troy Lee Designs' Moto Short is one of the best at it.
This DH-ready set of baggies comes with a burly 600-denier polyester construction that will shield you from scrapes without neglecting breathability as you ride. Its relaxed fit accommodates extra armor on days you expect to get rowdy, without adding excessive bulk that'll slow you down if you don't have a lift to take you back uphill. You'll be able to ride without delays to fix annoying fit issues if you put the ratcheting adjustable waistband to good use, and dual zippered pockets will prevent your stuff from spraying all over the landing.
- Get sendy in a short that matches your enthusiasm
- High-denier polyester can handle scrapes and crashes
- Relaxed fit accommodates body armor if needed
- Full mesh liner keeps air circulating as you sweat
- Easily adjustable waist ensures you get the right fit
- Zippered cargo pockets hang onto snacks and spare tubes
- Item #TLD00WI
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 32
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 170lbs
These can stand crash after crash. Probably too hot for climbing, but if you are looking for a pair of shorts for the resort or for shuttles this is what you want.