Select Style & Size
Surge 31L Backpack
It is said that the key to success is efficient organization, and that is why The North Face made the Surge 31L Backpack. Made for professionals and full-time students, the Surge is equipped with various pockets to keep you on track for success. A dedicated zippered laptop pocket holds your laptop separate from the main compartment and is padded and fleece-lined for ultimate protection. An internal organizer in the front zipper pocket holds your tablet and various small essentials, while three zippered fleece-lined pockets hold your sunglasses and other valuables you need to protect from scratches. When your backpack is fully loaded, the mesh padding and lumbar panel of the FlexFent support system keeps you comfortable during long days on campus. A padded front haul handle makes grabbing your pack on-the-go easy, while the removable waist belt keeps your pack from slipping around, and the adjustable sternum strap is equipped with a built-in whistle.
- A backpack designed for full-time students and professionals
- Padded mesh and lumbar panel give you an excellent support system
- Dedicated laptop sleeve is fully padded and fleece lined
- Multiple pockets and internal organizer prep you for success
- Fleece lined pockets help prevent scratches on your sunglasses
- Dual water bottle holders remind you to stay hydrated
- Removable waist belt is only when you need it to prevent movement
- Built-in whistle on the adjustable sternum strap for campus safety
- Item #TNF04DK
- [Rage Red Ripstop] 210D Cordura nylon ripstop, [TNF Black, Fir Green] 420D nylon, [Zinc Grey] 500D nylon oxford slub
- 31L (1892cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- zippered laptop, zippered front with internal organizer, 2 water bottle, 1 zippered fleece-lined sunglasses, 2 zippered fleece-lined
- Laptop Sleeve
- dedicated, zippered, fleece-lined, padded, 10.25 x 14in
- 20 x 13.25 x 10.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 2.8oz
- Recommended Use
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
June 17, 2020
Lots of pockets, nooks and crannies
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- One Size
- 5` 11"
- 230 lbs
My wife gave me one of these packs as a present, and I really like the capacity, especially a spacious main compartment where you could shove a down jacket or rain shell, and other goodies. My only "complaint", and it's not really a complaint, is that this rascal has SO MANY zippers, pockets, nooks and crannies it's easy to forget where you put stuff, forcing you to have to sometimes search for things. But the laptop sleeve is robust and if you're mentally more organized than I or have a photographic memory, you would absolutely love this pack, as I do BTW.
April 22, 2019
Fits 17" PC Laptop
- I've used it several times
I had the hardest time locating a backpack that could fit a 17" PC laptop as well as a water bottle, lunch, and jacket. Thankfully I found this pack as it is exactly what I needed for an office backpack that can hold everything without my having to carry extra totes around!
October 10, 2018
- I've put it through the wringer
I've had this backpack for a little over a year. I've hiked in it, used it for camping and most recently used it as a travel kid/diaper bag. This is a solid product. No issues so far with durability. LOTS of different compartments for storage. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.