Snow plume on the summit.
- Hybrid softshell jacket built for climbing
- Gore Windstopper is lightweight and completely windproof
- Stretchy WindWall inserts ensure full mobility on the mountain
- Zippers under each arm ensure ample ventilation
- Adjustments at hem and helmet-compatible hood for a secure fit
- Item #TNF049J
- Q & A
Amazing piece of cloth
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
- Height: 5'0"
- Weight: 115lbs
This is the best piece of clothing I have ever owned, hands down. It is comfortable, water repellent, slim fitting with a dry cord and has a compact hood. As someone who is on the smaller side, it is great to have the Men's Small fit me so well.
Go light Go Fast
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
- Size Bought: XL
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 205lbs
I love Gore Wind Stopper i have it in my Castelli cold weather cycling kit.
North Face was the only company that offered GORE Windstopper in a soft shell so i bought it. The last time i bought north face was the mid 90s when their alpine gear was bulletproof! They seem to be returning to those roots with this piece. It has a napoleon pocket which i swear by in all my shells, & two hand warmer pockets & a draw cord at the waist. It has NO pit zips, i was told it did. This is a light jacket but i can easily layer an Arcteryx thorium, or Atom AR under it.
I plan on using this in the spring to early fall, with the right nase layer this could be used in cold areobic pursuits!
How is the sizing of this jacket? Slim fit or more of a Standard Fit. I'm debating between a large and xl.
Hi Tim, great question. This jacket is going to fit more standard however still trimmer than a casual jacket. This is definitely intended for alpine use and the L4 naming indicates it fits over L3 layers in TNF's Summit system.