Summit L2 Hooded Jacket
The North Face Summit L2 Hooded Jacket acts as a warm, flexible, and durable midlayer that can be used as an outer layer in warmer weather. This piece is made up of a water-resistant construction that blocks out wind, with fleece that traps heat to keep you comfortable, and FlashDry technology to pull sweat away from your skin and dry quickly. Meanwhile, a well thought-out hood fits comfortably under a helmet without limiting vision, and thumbholes at the cuffs provide a snug barrier against icy winds when layered properly.
- Warm fleece midlayer for boosting performance in the alpine
- Polyester construction moves with you and boosts durability
- Water-resistant fleece traps heat for the coldest days on hill
- Built-in thumbholes keep cold winds at bay under gloves
- Under-helmet hood is pre-tensioned hood maximizes peripheral vision
- Slightly raised hand pockets are easy to access with a harness
- Item #TNFZAEN
- 30D x 40D 100% polyester, FlashDry
- Center Back Length
- 1 chest mesh zippered
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backpacking, bouldering, casual, hiking, ice climbing, road running, sport climbing, trad climbing, trail running
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 5, 2021
Compares Favorably To Patagonia R1s
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 225 lbs
I have this garment in the current Black and last year's Red and Yellow. The grid fleece seems a little lighter than Patagonia's R1; kind of the same weight as R1 Techface minus the Techface. Not as warm as the R1; which is preferable to me. You can wear it indoors if need be. The fit is athletic but not quite as tight as R1s, and the workmanship, like the thumbhole cuffs is on a par. I wear them all the time, and really like them. Get compliments in places like airport, gym and belaying. Especially like the full zip, for ventilation and easy on/off. I recommend this garment to you highly, and I will buy more if/when other colors become available.