Select Style & Size
Router 40L Backpack
Navigate your busy day from point A to point B with The North Face's Router 40L Backpack. This technical school backpack is equipped with various pockets to keep you organized including a dedicated laptop sleeve for extra protection, an internal organizer within the front pocket that includes a padded tablet sleeve, and multiple external fleece-lined zippered pockets for your sunglasses, calculators, and more. With the FlexVent suspension support you can comfortably hold a heavy-loaded pack with its mesh padding and ergonomic lumbar panel. When you make your way across town after campus to get to your night job on time, the removable waist belt helps your pack stay in place as you switch between the bus and your bike, and the built-in whistle on the sternum strap is included just in case you find yourself in the wrong alley way after your shift.
- Navigate through life with the Router backpack
- Durable material ensures long-lasting everyday usage
- Suspension support system makes heavy loads comfortable
- Dedicated, padded, and fleece-lined laptop sleeve
- Multiple fleece-lined zippered pockets to protect valuables
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle in case of emergency
- Removable waistband helps the pack stay secured on your back
- Item #TNF04DJ
- [Zinc Grey] 500D nylon oxford slub, [TNF Black, Fir Green] 420D nylon, [Rage Red Ripstop] 210D Cordura nylon ripstop
- 40L (2441cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- Waist Belt
- zippered laptop sleeve, front zipper with internal organizer, 2 water bottle, 1 fleece-lined sunglasses, 2 zippered fleece-lined
- Laptop Sleeve
- dedicated, zippered, fleece-lined, padded, 10.25 x 14in
- 21.25 x 14 x 10.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 4.9oz
- Recommended Use
- casual, travel
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 21, 2020
Thank you Backcountry!
I’ve been looking 40 L backpack for Northface and I stumbled Across This beauty! I could’t be anymore happier The design and durability that comes from TNF, The Router is a welcome collection and will be enjoyed for years!
Awesome Bernie G
March 11, 2019
- I've put it through the wringer
Great size for me...6'4" and it fits my back comfortably...but I don't carry a laptop in it. Doesn't seem like that would be too comfortable in this pack. Even when as far as to have custom patches sewn on to this pack.
March 5, 2019
- I've used it several times
The back portion barely holds my 17" laptop, and it's very tight. The base of the bag is slanted, so things slide towards the back where the laptop is. The bag itself is reallllly heavy. The bag itself is pretty big and roomy, but as it is taller, things need to be stacked on top of each other as opposed to being nice and deep.
September 20, 2018
- I've used it several times
Bought this backpack for a trip to Ireland and it did not disappoint. This bag has a pocket for everything and was perfect for keeping all my trip information, rain jacket and clothing and even my dslr camera protected. The dslr fit perfect in the front fleece lined section. With adjustable straps you can keep it as flat as needed or not. The zippers are very well made and easy to handle on each section of the bag. The overall feel when wearing it was very comfortable. I liked the option of both the chest and waist strap, but I mostly used the chest. Overall I am very happy with this purchase.