Why We Like The North Face Himalayan Suit
Fully redesigned after extensive lab tests and field tests in Alaska and the Himilayas, The North Face Himalayan Suit provides peak performance for extreme, high-altitude expeditions. For maximum thermal performance and temperature regulation, it pairs 900-fill power Cloud Down with Ventrix stretch insulation in the inner draft flap and strategic zones. This body-mapped insulation combats down compression under our pack to maintain insulation and balances breathability and warmth in areas that are prone to overheating to maintain a more comfortable microclimate, whether we're active or resting. A double placket at the chest has an asymmetrical layout that reduces the likelihood of zippers freezing from oxygen mask condensation, and it also features a double layer that lets us access a secure zip pocket without letting heat escape or unzip both layers to vent heat and moisture vapor as needed. The seat and lower legs feature FUTURELIGHT with Spectra ripstop for better weather, abrasion, and puncture resistance, and the lower legs feature a 2-piece construction that allows us to adjust the independent shell and insulation layers to our preference—we can wear the shell and insulation both outside of our boots, both inside our boots, or the insulation inside with the shell outside the boots. On the inside, the internal vest features a suspension system to keep the suit in place, carry water bottles close to our bodies, and distribute weight more evenly across the suit. For additional storage, the suit has 11 internal and external pockets to keep things organized and accessible when we're high on the mountain. We may not need to wear the Himilayan Suit all the time, so we're happy that the Cloud Down packs down small and that the suit comes with a PU-coated compression sack to save space in our packs. All of the details, inside and outside, add up to a high-performance suit for our high-altitude expeditions.
- Top-of-the-line, high-alpine mountaineering suit
- 900-fill down has exceptional weight-to-warmth and packability
- Ventrix synthetic insulation in targeted zones for breathability
- Adjustable hood is compatible with helmet and oxygen mask
- Oxygen mask-compatible, asymmetrical zipper access
- Double-layer front placket with internal/external pockets
- 11 pockets for convenient internal and external storage
- Comes with PU-coated compression sack and mesh storage bag
- Item #TNFZCMO
- Responsible Collection
- Recycled/Repurposed, Responsibly Sourced
- [face fabric] (torso) 15D nylon ripstop, DWR coating, (lower arms, seat, lower legs) 15D x 50D FUTURELIGHT (90% recycled nylon, 10% polyethylene Spectra ripstop, DWR coating), (internal vest, cuffs) 76% recycled nylon, 24% elastane, FlashDry, non-PFC DWR, [main lining] 10D recycled nylon ripstop, DWR coating, [zonal lining] 54% recycled nylon, 46% nylon, DWR coating
- [torso] 900-fill ProDown, [collar, front pocket, back panel, inner thighs] Ventrix (80% recycled polyester, 20% recycled polyester stretch)
- adjustable, helmet-compatible
- double front placket
- [external] 2 zippered hand, 2 mesh drop-in thigh, 1 placket chest, 1 zippered chest, [internal] 2 zippered chest, 2 elasticated vest (bottles), 1 placket chest
- Claimed Weight
- 3lb 9oz
- mountaineering, winter camping
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help