Made for the summit.
Don The North Face's Apex Piedra Soft Shell Jacket for spring skiing, misty trails, or windy mountain tops. The WindWall material will keep you protected from the wind while a DWR treatment repels moisture so as you revel in the soft corn as you speed down the groomers you'll stay nice and protected. When your early morning hike takes you to a misty trail up in the woods, the brushed tricot backer will add a little bit of warmth while the moisture beads off you. With a wind permeability rated at less than 10 CFM, the mountain top gales will tickle you like a light breeze as you push for the summits.
- Bonded soft shell jacket for days with wind and light moisture
- WindWall face fabric is highly wind resistant
- DWR treatment on fabric beads and repels moisture
- Brushed tricot backer adds light warmth for colder days
- Slim fit keeps jacket close to body so heat doesn't escape
- Item #TNF04KF
- Q & A
Is this good for a winter coat?
It's a good start to a winter coat but definitely won't hold up to freezing temperatures by itself. I'd work as a warmer layer if you are out being active in late summer or early fall but anything else will require something much heavier. If you have questions or are looking for more specifics feel free to contact me!