A-CAD FUTURELIGHT Jacket
Head out for first chair in the morning and enjoy storm day riding until the sun sets with the coverage, comfort, and organization offered by the A-CAD Jacket. This heavy duty shell is durable, completely weatherproof and is packed full of all the features you need for a deep powder day on skis or a snowboard.
- Extreme weather ready shell for skiing and snowboarding
- 3-layer membrane wicks perspiration and blocks precipitation
- Mechanical stretch and warm backer keep you moving comfortably
- Helmet compatible hood blocks driving snow and blustery wind
- Pack compatible underarm vents dump excess heat on the go
- Elastic cuffs with thumb-loops keep sleeves in place, snow out
- Adjustable powder skirt keeps blower powder out of your layers
- Large cargo pockets hold skins for quick laps, keep you organized
- Item #TNF05OG
- [membrane/laminate] Futurelight (3-layer), [face fabric] 75D x 56D recylced polyester, brushed tricot backer, DWR finish
- Center Back Length
- helmet-compatible, adjustable
- [external] 2 zippered chest, 2 cargo, 1 zippered wrist, [internal] 1 cell phone, 2 goggle
- underarm zips
- Powder Skirt
- Claimed Weight
- 2lb 0.80oz
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, freeride/powder skiing, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle skiing, park & freestyle snowboarding, ski mountaineering, telemark skiing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
February 20, 2020
Everything I expected and more.
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 8"
- 157 lbs
Used it for the first time last weekend in A-Basin. It was snowing non stop and windy both days. Stayed warm and dry this thing can really cut the wind. Fit is slightly boxy/baggy wish I would have tried a small, but was worried about having enough room in the chest and shoulders. The new FUTURELIGHT material is going to be the new standard. Much softer, more flexible, lighter, and more breathable than any gore-tex I have used. Stayed the perfect temp without shedding layers when hiking too the Zuma Cornice through some deeper snow.
January 2, 2020
The best jacket I have ever owned
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- 5` 9"
- 152 lbs
First of all I would like to say that this is the best fitting outerwear I have ever owned. I purchased an A-Cad jacket and A- Cad pant in size small as well as Freethinker pant and jacket in size small. I am 5'8 1/2 and 152lbs. Its like this product is tailor-made to me. I usually struggle to find a good fit. The sleeves in most smalls are too short. These are perfect. The stretch in the fabric is amazing to wear. The breathability is truly amazing. Because this fabric has a lining laminated to the backside of the fabric I don't feel the cold air coming throuth the fabric as much as I do with the Freethinker pant and jacket which I also own. I am using the A-Cad as my resort wear and its a perfect blend of perfect fit, breathability, stretch fabric, and features. The hood works perfectly with my helmet. The jacket has tons of pockets. I only have a couple of complaints...I wish the gusset at the wrist was slightly larger so it would fit over more glove gauntlet styles. I have pretty low profile gloves and its still kind of tight. Not a deal killer but could be perfected. I wish the powder skirt zipped out or at least snapped out of the way. With the A-cad pant, there is zero need for the powder skirt and its just sort of in the way and hanging around. I am sure I will use this jacket at some point in combo with my Freethinker pants and then the powder skirt will be needed. I have about 10 days in the A-Cad kit so far and its been awesome for the resort. I have done a fair amount of sidecountry hiking and he futurelight breathability is legit. This stuff really does breath amazingly well. Its so much better than all the Gore-tex product I have had in the past.