Why We Like The G2 RSC Disc Brake
Perhaps no other component plays as important of a role in downhill confidence than your brakes. The all-new G2 RSC Disc Brake from SRAM offers damn near the same outright stopping power as its World Cup DH winning Code with the weight savings and modulation that a trail or enduro pilot can appreciate. The G2's are basically the second coming of the Guides and share similar technology like a 4-piston caliper, contact point adjustment, power reserve geometry, S4 caliper, and SwingLink lever cam. What SRAM scrutinized and imparted on the new G2 design was better modulation, new pad compounds, increased heat management, and more even pad advancement.
The G2 levers continue with the Guide's much-lauded SwingLink lever design. SwingLink utilizes a cam that requires less lever travel and force to produce proportional amounts of pressure and it minimizes the dead spot of lever travel. It pairs with the refined timing port closure system so you get ideal modulation throughout the lever throw. Once the lever is squeezed, a cup seal passes over and closes a port, pressurizing the system and advancing the pistons, and thus the pads, towards the rotor. The G2's Contact Point Adjustment feature is found just behind the lever's attachment to the master cylinder, making it a tool-free affair to dial in the brake's feel, and completely separate from the reach adjustment.
The levers and master cylinder push DOT fluid down to the forged, 4-piston S4 caliper featuring a stiffer design. The S4 caliper design uses four phenolic plastic pistons for consistent rollback and better heat insulation. You'll also enjoy the ease of pad removal via the top-loading design. Speaking of pads, the G2's use new pad compounds that offer more bite. Aftermarket pads are available in metallic for aggressive, high-wear conditions, or two versions of organic, quiet, or power, depending on your needs and environment.
- Powerful braking in a lightweight package for trail and enduro riders
- Stiffer, 4-piston S4 caliper adds impressive stopping power
- SwingLink lever cam and cup-seal timing port improve modulation
- Aluminum lever blade and stainless steel hardware saves cash and boosts durability
- 4 phenolic plastic pistons manage heat and reduce friction
- Bleeding Edge port provides easier, cleaner, and more reliable bleeding
- Matchmaker X-compatible cleans up your cockpit
- Item #SRM00G8
- Lever Adjustability
- reach, contact
- Mount Type
- DOT 5.1
- not included
- 1 lever, 1 caliper, 1 brake hose, 1 olive and barb, 1 bleed block, 2 caliper mountint bolts and washers, 1 MM clamp, 1 t25 allen key
- Claimed Weight
- [front] 9.3oz (264g) [rear] 11.1oz (314g)
- trail, enduro
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
December 27, 2022
- I've used it several times
- 5' 10"
Brakes are powerful, love the feeling of the levers.
January 24, 2021
- I've put it through the wringer
They started out ok but after 6 months they have very little stopping power stopping power; cannot lock up the wheels even with bleeding, new rotors and pads. Terrible.
Originally reviewed on Competitivecyclist.com
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help