Select style & size:Select options
5.1 DOT Hydraulic Brake Fluid
Anytime you shorten your brake hoses or if you want to keep your SRAM or Avid disc brakes performing at their best, we'd recommend bleeding the brakes once a year with the PitStop 5.1 DOT Hydraulic Brake Fluid. This brake fluid is the OEM replacement DOT-5.1 fluid in a non-silicone formula that comes stock on SRAM and Avid hydraulic disc brakes. DOT 5.1 has a higher boiling point than DOT 3 and 4 fluids so you'll achieve the most consistent performance on long descents that can often plague hydraulic discs. The package is vacuum sealed to prevent water absorption that lowers the boiling point of the fluid.
- Brake fluid for SRAM and Avid hydraulic brakes
- DOT 5.1 fluid has a higher boiling point than DOT 3 or 4 fluid
- Vacuum sealed to prevent water absorption, keeping boiling point stable
- Ideal size for annual bleeds or shortening lines
- Item #SRM00F6
- Q & A
What you need for a bleed
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Its always nice using genuine maintenance product and I always use SRAM DOT fluid when bleeding my brakes. I little pricy for the size, but for something that I only do on a new build or once a year maintenance, it's well worth it.