Decked out for the everyday rider.
You might not be a podium-hungry cyclist, or not crave race day at all for that matter, but that shouldn't hold you back from riding with comfort and protection. Fortunately with the Smith Portal MIPS Helmet you can find the perfect balance between performance, technical features, and comfort for your daily cruises on the trail or pavement. It's packed with a full 18-vents, optimally placed to keep you cool on strenuous climbs, plus AirEvac ventilation system that boosts airflow under your sunglasses to prevent fogging when humidity is high.
Designed with the everyday rider in mind, Smith crafts the Portal with an in-mold polycarbonate shell, and ample EPS foam to absorb impacts. Since most crashes on the bike rarely result in a 90-degree head-on impact, Smith equips this model of the Portal with MIPS technology. MIPS works to reduce potential rotational forces by lining the inside of the helmet with a breakaway layer that allows rotations to be absorbed by the outside of the helmet, reducing the forces that your body has to take on.
- A light and tech-packed helmet for everyday rides
- Polycarbonate shell with EPS liner absorbs impacts
- MIPS technology works to dissipate rotational forces
- Dial in perfect fit with VaporFit adjustment system
- Stay cool on triple-digit days with 18 optimized vents
- Let your lenses shed fog with AirEvac ventilation
- XT2 performance lining fights odor and wicks sweat
- Item #SMI00I1