Smartloft 60 Skirt
Throw on the Smartwool Women's Smartloft 60 Skirt over your baselayer bottoms after skiing, before you head out on a late fall hike, or to grab dinner with friends on a chilly mid-winter night. Its lightweight insulation fends off the cold, and the material is water- and wind-resistant for extra protection against light flurries and gusty wind. Stretch merino panels on the sides allow you to move freely, and add breathability to keep you cool and sweat free when the trail gets steep.
- Insulated skirt for trail, town, or after skiing
- Lightweight insulation traps body heat for toasty warmth
- Stretch merino panels offer unrestricted motion and breathability
- Hidden waistband pocket accommodates small essentials
- Water- and wind-resistant material protects from gusts and light flurries
- Item #SWL013J
- Q & A
Drawcord waist = Winner!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: small
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 120lbs
On the lookout for an insulated skirt that sat closer to my hips than my waist, I ordered this in a small and the Eider Twin Peaks in a 38. I'm usually a size 2/4 -- 26 jeans (and waist), 35.5-inch hips, muscular thighs... And while the Eider skirt was too large, the Smartwool skirt fit just right... right above my hips. And, and this is a biggie - with the drawcord at the waist, I can cinch it in should the stretchy waistband stretch out of shape during the day. That said - I had hoped for a loftier skirt... a real puffer (like wearing a sleeping bag around my hips), so I was a touch disappointed. However, the skirt is adorable, will keep me warm wandering about in town, hiking, skiing, etc., it fits well over leggings of every thickness, looks good over jeans/pants, and seems to be very high quality.