Select style & size:Select options
- Neck gaiter for powder days
- Double-layer merino wool is soft and warm
- Merino holds natural anti-odor properties
- Extended length for extra coverage
- Item #SWL00WG
- Q & A
It's just okay.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have a couple of Smartwool 250 Merino Wool gaiters and love them. I purchased this one expecting a longer version of the ones I have, but there's a big difference. The shorter merino wool 250 gaiters have an inside and outside layer of merino so two layers, but this is just a single layer. It's still a useful item and is long enough to make more of a balaclava under a beanie, but was disappointed it wasn't double layered like it's shorter brother. It will probably get left behind more than taken with.
What is the circumference of the 250 Merino long gaiter (SWL00WG)? How does that compare to the standard 250 Merino gaiter (SWL00WE)?