Select your style & size:Select options
Comfortably holds and provides easy access to a plethora of fly fishing essentials.
Forget lugging around a backpack as you fly fish; simply use the Simms Guide Vest. Equipped with twenty-four pockets, the Guide has more than enough comfortable space for your fly boxes, leaders, tippet, dry shake, split shots, fly fishing license, sandwich, cell, camera, packable rain jacket, and any other fly fishing necessities you can't live without on the river. Simms also gave the Guide a DWR coating to help fend off the wet from lightly falling rain and river splashes.
- Lightweight, breathable nylon fabric throughout and a mesh internal lining wick moisture away from you body, dry quickly, and feel comfortable against your skin while you cast out into the water
- A DWR coating helps shield the Guide from lightly falling rain and river or lake splashes
- YKK zippers provide improved durability and longevity
- Breathable padded collar offers superb comfort during long days on the river
- Elastic drawcord at back waist supplies an adjustable fit
- Two large and two medium chest pockets hold your fly boxes, sunscreen, and other fly fishing necessities
- Six waist pockets, one bellowed back cargo pocket, and one split back pocket hold your sandwich, snacks, camera, cell, and other accessories
- Two tippet pockets come in super-handy while a dry shake pocket ensures easy access
- Eight internal pockets carry your fly fishing license, wallet, packable rain jacket, lip balm, and other materials
- Two patented and improved built-in retractors securely hold your pliers and nippers for easy access
- Item #SMM0028
- Q & A
pack for the whole day
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
HUGE capacity - flies, leaders, tools, spare spool, lunch, a six pack ... it ALL fits in here. Nice soft fabric around the neck, option to zip or just snap is sweet on hot days. This really is all you need - and nice to just grab one vest and go.
I got the XL and it fits nice - slightly loose over a t-shirt but just right over a fleece on a chilly morning.
Best there is
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Surprised there weren't any reviews on this vest so thought I'd write one. This vest has set the standard for recreational fishing vests. U can pack everything u need for a day on the water in here. Plenty of pockets. In addition to the 6 zipper pockets u see in the pics, there are 4 more on the inside, 2 Napoleon type pockets and 2 long horizontal pockets on the backside of the fly box pockets on the front. The front side of the vest will hold all ur flies, tippets, sunscreen, nippers etc. and there are two pockets on the back to hold a rain jacket, water etc. There is also d-ring to hold ur net. Comfortable to wear all day. This will serve 90% of peoples needs. Don't bother upgrading to the g3 vest, it's overkill unless u send 300 days on the water as a guide. very durable also, I am on my 6th or 7th season and it's still going strong.
Love seeing fly fishing gear on bc!