Select style & size:Select options
Designed with extensive input from some of the best guides in the business, the Simms Guide Pliers put those rusty needle-nosers currently occupying your pack to shame. Premium materials like 17-4 stainless steel, 6061 anodized aluminum, and tungsten carbide offers durability, lightness, and corrosion-resistance. Simms also added handy features like a cutting blade for slicing through line, a beveled notch for tightening knots, and a bottle opener for cracking open celebratory cold ones.
- Guide-trusted tech that puts standard pliers to shame
- Superior materials are highly corrosion-resistant
- Tungsten carbide cutting blade holds its edge well
- Ergonomic, textured grip offers secure hold
- Kydrex holster and utility leash included
- Bottle opener with beveled notch for tightening knots
- Made in America
- Item #SMM00BG
- [jaws] corrosion-resistant 17-4 stainless steel, [arms] 6061-T6 type II anodized aluminum, [cutting blade] tungsten carbide
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- river fishing, saltwater fishing, stillwater fishing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
January 9, 2019
Much Better than Prior Generation
- I've put it through the wringer
These Simms pliers replace pliers that were sold up until last year. The previous generation pliers worked for heavier test 50 lbs. and above but did not work as well for manipulating lighter tippet given a slight gap between the teeth. These new Simms pliers are perfect for tippet down to 20 lbs. test making it for me a constant salt-water and pike fly fishing companion when I am tying on shock tippet up to 80 lbs. test and tying braided wire on. The mid placed wire cutters are sharp enough to cut through 30 lbs. wire and almost any heavy shock tippet I have used thus far. The hole in the center of the pliers are missing in other plier designs but is welcome here given you can put your index finger through it to pull down on and tighten knots for heavier tippet setups. This is a must have for the serious fly fisherman!