SH-XC5 Mountain Bike Shoe
Shimano's SH-XC5 mountain bike shoes are a lightweight, versatile mixed terrain shoe made of tough materials with a simple but effective lace-up closure. They move seamlessly from XC singletrack, to gravel road, and CX courses without a hiccup, making them a worthy multi-disciplinary off-road shoe to add to your kit.
To achieve this versatility, Shimano's designers used top materials, like synthetic leather uppers that provide a comfortable fit, featuring perforated venting to keep you from overheating, and lightweight carbon fiber reinforced insoles to stiffen your shoe without excessive weight. The lace-up closure is always reliable, and essentially future-proof, with no finicky boas to break mid ride from a blow against a rock, and it is reinforced with a mini power-strap to securely hold the lacing in place and offer additional support.
On the bottom of the shoe, a Michelin high-traction, mud-shedding rubber makes up the outsole, ready to dominate in many conditions, whether you're lapping your favorite piece of singletrack, navigating a gravel road miles from the nearest town, or hopping barriers at your local cyclocross race. With an anti-slip pattern on the arch outsole, and the stiffness of the carbon-reinforced midsole, you'll feel secure and you'll receive extra support underfoot, giving you more control laying down power to the pedals. Reinforced spike mounts are there for you when you need to ride in more extreme conditions.
- Lightweight, versatile shoes for XC, gravel, and cyclocross
- Perforated synthetic uppers offer support and breathability
- Carbon-fiber reinforced midsole adds stiffness, not weight
- Simple and tough lace-up system with mini-strap for security
- Michelin rubber backs up the outsole with tacky grip
- Reinforced spike mounts for extreme conditions
- 2-bolt MTB cleat specific mounting
- Extra laces are included for color swapping
- Item #SHI00K8