Road Vertec Boa Cycling Shoe
For aspiring racers and performance oriented cyclists, the Scott Road Vertec Boa Cycling Shoe is where extreme stiffness meets comfort. By combining a lightweight carbon fiber sole that rates at a 9 out of 10 on Scott's stiffness scale with microfiber uppers that wrap your foot in supportive comfort, these shoes deliver a highly efficient pedal response that's happy to go longer distances. They feature a lower volume, slimmer race fit that hugs your foot like a second skin, as well as adjustable ErgoLogic insoles that help you find the right amount of arch and metatarsal support for your individual foot.
For the Road Vertec Boa, Scott employs a single Boa IP-1 dial that precisely controls the upper, so it can wrap your foot like a glove with micro-adjustments. This single Boa dial is complemented with a lower hook-and-loop strap, which secures over your forefoot to keep it secure under power. Not only is this upper incredibly fast and convenient to secure tightly, but it allows you a greater degree of adjustability than you'd find with a comparable shoe using only straps and buckles. On the underside of the foot, the high-modulus carbon fiber sole optimizes stiffness in the cleat area, yet still allows some torsional flex from the arch to the heel in order to minimize strain on the knee and ankle.
- Road cycling shoes that blend stiffness with comfort
- Light and stiff carbon fiber sole for efficient pedaling
- Lower volume race fit hugs your feet like a second skin
- Microfiber and mesh uppers keep your feet cool and comfortable
- Power zone allows some torsional flex to reduce joint strain
- Adjustable insoles let you customize arch and metatarsal support
- Boa dial allows a quick, precise, micro-adjustable fit
- Item #SCO00VE