Rugged is its middle name.
The ridgeline standing between you and your campsite consists of loose scree, trail-less terrain, and chances of rain. It's a good thing you have the Scarpa Men's R-Evolution Plus GTX Backpacking Boot on. This burly boot boasts a durable upper made with nubuck leather and a waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane to handle any terrain in any condition.
- Burly boot for backpacking over rugged terrain
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane
- Durable nubuck leather upper offers long-lasting durability
- Sock-Fit XT lining ensures a glove-like fit
- High-density EVA midsole and Active Plus footbed for support
- Vibram Driade rubber sole for crossing exposed, rugged terrain
- Item #SCR001S
- Q & A
Scarpa R-Evolution Plus GTX...
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 41.5
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 150lbs
1 and 1/2 months since I first laced them up. Break in was about 10 miles, but no blisters. Replacing a pair of Danner's that I had for 8 years and expectations were very very high.
Fit is exactly what I was expecting. Support exactly what I was expecting. The GTX boot that goes through the tongue is what makes the fit exceptional. Most boot tongues can fold over and make one or two hotspots. This boot's GTX liner is pliable and conforms to your foot.
Have done 4 hikes over 3 miles with 50+ lbs in my pack. I feel confident in the ankle support side hill, up hill, and downhill. There is no "bite" as some boots will bend under weight and in unlevel terrain. This boot holds strong and gives you a great base of balance.
Quality of build is exceptional.
I have a narrow heal, how narrow are the heels in this boot?
How tall are these boots?