Aggressively performance minded.
Steep lines and small holds call for a shoe that can deliver high performance. Scarpa built the Furia S with a sensitive feel to easily find those small crystals and dime edges to position your toes on. Vibram XS Grip2 rubber sole then sticks to those tiny features so you can confidently position your body weight while you make your move from one hold to the next. The heel cup hugs your foot giving not just a snug feeling, but also a secure feeling while holding a heel hook.
- A high precision shoe for steep boulder problems and sport climbs
- Aggressive downturn designed for difficult, overhung climbs
- Sensitive feel helps you search for microscopic footholds
- Vibram XS Grip2 sole finds grip on the tiniest nubs and blank smears
- Integrated heel cup hugs your foot for secure heel hooks
- Z closure adds a snug glove-like fit for comfort and support
- Item #SCR007J
- Q & A
Unfortunate heel design
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I don't understand why Scarpa decided not to place XS Grip heel rubber over the Internal Power RIb. Personally, I'll be sticking with the Drago and Chimera as my two boot soft shoe quiver. Regardless, even if there were proper heel rubber on the Furia S, I would still opt for the other two models. See photo of an early iteration that Scarpa did NOT go with and compare it to heel depicted in the product images.