Take the crux out of the approach.
Whether you're scrambling the talus fields of Joshua Tree to get to a crag or you're takingon a Yosemite approach, the Scarpa Men's Crux Shoe has sure footing you can rely on. An upper comprised of suede and recycled polyester airmesh lining offers ventilation so your feet aren't soaked through with sweat by the time you reach the trailhead, and a Vibram Vertical Approach rubber sole helps you get traction on steep or slick terrain. The microporous dual-density EVA midsole cushions under proven pressure zones to maintain comfort even during the most trying approach and protects underfoot from sharp, jutting rocks or a mid-trail root.
- Durable approach shoes to protect your feet on any hike or scramble
- Suede upper offers durable wear and protection against elements
- Mesh lining keeps air flowing throughout shoe as your hike
- Rubber toe rand and EVA underfoot protect against sharp rocks
- Vibram rubber sole adds grip and traction on slick or steep surfaces
- Item #SCR005M
- Q & A
- Height: 5'7"
- Weight: 120lbs
great shoe. Has handled everything that I have thrown at it. Decently sticky on granite in Little Cottonwood Canyon!
Great For Hiking and Approach
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 7.5
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 150lbs
These are my go to shoes for any approaches and hiking in general. I use these for any hikes where I don't need protection from water and snow as they will get waterlogged pretty quickly in wet conditions. They are super sticky and comfortable when hiking across rock and talus, and they are light weight for big days.
Great Approach Shoes
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
What more can I say? They do their job very well. This is a classic from Scarpa and I anticipate they will be in their line for many more years to come. Pretty true to size, and will fit great if you have used Scarpa in the past.