Memorial Day Sale Just Got Bigger
Up To 50% Off Duffel Bags
Tallboy D Mountain Bike
Why We Like The Tallboy D Mountain Bike
The Tallboy utilizes trail-bike tech from its longer travel siblings and makes the signature Santa Cruz feel available in an efficiency-focused ensemble. Its geometry situates the Tallboy firmly within the short-travel trail bike category, with modern geo figures and Santa Cruz’s capable lower-link VPP rear linkage—known for its bottomless feel and lively pedaling platform. This particular build features an entry-level componentry set and an impressive value, with a dropper seatpost, reliable 32h aluminum rims, and a FOX Float shock with wide-ranging adjustments.
Our favorite part about the Tallboy is that it takes uphill-oriented traits—like an efficient 120mm of rear travel and a steep seat tube angle—and combines them with confidence-inspiring descending characteristics like the 65.5-degree head tube. The lower link VPP design is brought over from Santa Cruz’s gravity-focused bikes to provide excellent cornering traction, bottom-out resistance, and a supportive feel for soaking up repetitive hits. The Tallboy functions well as a secondary bike to an enduro steed for lengthy cross-country rides or post-work trail loops, or as a primary rig for the efficiency-focused trail rider.
*Due to unprecedented demand in the global supply chain and the bike industry over the last 18 months, material weight and exact components are subject to change. We are working diligently to keep tech specs updated, and any adjustments will be minor. If you have any questions, reach out to a Gearhead by chatting online or calling 1-888-276-7130.
- Short-travel trail bike for high-alpine epics and cross-country loops
- Aluminum frame offers a compliant feel and durable longevity
- 130mm travel RockShox fork balances traction and efficiency
- SRAM SX Eagle drivetrain delivers reliable shifting and great value
- 120mm of VPP suspension supplies traction in technical terrain
- WTB aluminum wheels dampen vibrations and hold-up well
- Fast-rolling Maxxis rubber helps us maintain momentum
- Integrated frame protectors and shock fenders enhance frame longevity
- Item #SNZK1FI