Speedcross 5 GTX Trail Running Shoe
Runners who are out on the trail rain or shine will rejoice in the new Salomon Speedcross 5 GTX Trail Running Shoe. Back in its fifth iteration, the Speedcross is now more equipped than ever for sloppy trail conditions, and with this special waterproof version of the shoe you'll have absolutely no fear charging through muddy puddles and snowy trails. Already a favorite for year-round trail runners, the addition of a waterproof Gore-Tex membrane to the Speedcross makes it even more equipped for winter runs and mud-season romps. Your feet will stay dry as you pound through puddles and snowfields, while your foot's heat is allowed to escape thanks to the highly breathable construction.
Staying dry is a fantastic addition to any trail run, but to a group as comfortable with discomfort as trail runners the focus is definitely on trail-ready performance, which the Speedcross 5 has plenty of. Most of the shoe's updates focus around its performance in sloppy conditions, starting with the outsole. Updated lugs are deeper and more widely spaced than before, giving you reliable traction in mud, snow, and other softer trail conditions. The rubber itself is even better equipped for soft conditions, helping you step with confidence even on the wettest trail days. A unique heel-unit design offers better stability during descents in soft conditions, so you can worry less about slipping out on wet and muddy trails. The Sensifit upper creates a snug and supportive fit on challenging terrain, and the Quicklace adjustment system is easy to use and won't slip or slide when wet like laces might.
- Stay dry and moving quickly in this waterproof mud-loving shoe
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry in snow, rain, and mud
- Widely spaced and deep lugs offer traction in soft trail conditions
- Updated rubber compound provides targeted grip on softer surfaces
- Heel unit helps you stay controlled on snowy descents
- Sensifit upper is snug and supportive on technical mountain terrain
- Quicklace adjustment system doesn't loosen when it gets wet
- Max-cushion midsole protects feet while offering comfort and support
- Item #SAL01P4