Super 8 Snowboard
There are few boards equipped to handle Josh Dirksen's authoritative, all-mountain riding style, and the Salomon Super 8 Snowboard has been tested and proven as just the right tool for the job. This high-powered quiver-killer uses Backseat Camber, which has camber under the back foot for explosive turning power, and is flat under the front foot to keep it playful in powder, enabling you to thrive in every zone on the mountain.
Rocket Science Shaping lends the Super 8 extra width for increased stability and float, allowing you to downsize a few centimeters for quick-turning agility and confident stability when you're threading through tight trees and pointing narrow chutes. The board's Popster core lives up to its name by delivering powerful pop and response, as well as high levels of impact-resistance when you get bitten by a hidden snow shark. Ghost Basalt Stringers give you some serious snap, while Royal Rubber Pads in the sidewalls dampen the board from the choppy, busted-up conditions that occur towards the end of a powder day. Salomon also added in the smooth edge-to-edge feel of a quadratic sidecut, and fast glide of a sintered base for crushing high-speed laps all over with tons of control.
- Team favorite for turning the whole mountain into a playground
- Backseat Camber maximizes control on groomers, and surfs in pow
- Slight tapering sinks tail and lifts nose for planing in deep snow
- Extra width adds float and stability, and lets you size down
- Ghost baslat stringers and Popster core ensure powerful snap
- Quadratic sidecut provides reliable edgehold and easy turning
- Royal Rubber Pads in sidewall absorb harsh chatter at high speeds
- Sintered base keeps you at the head of the pack
- Item #SAL01H7
- 151cm, 154cm, 157cm, 160cm, 163cm, 166cm
- Backseat Camber (flat under front foot, camber under back foot)
- Effective Edge
- [151cm] 1125mm, [154cm] 1145mm, [157cm] 1175mm, [160cm] 1200mm, [163cm] 1225mm, [166cm] 1250mm
- Waist Width
- [151cm] 254mm, [154cm] 258mm, [157cm] 260mm, [160cm] 264mm, [163cm] 266mm, [166cm] 268mm
- Sidecut Radius
- [151cm] 7.5m, [154cm] 7.7m, [157cm] 7.9m, [160cm] 8.1m, [163cm] 8.3m
- Stance Width
- [151cm] 21.3in, [154cm] 21.7in, [157cm] 22in, [160cm] 22.4in, [163cm] 22.8in
- Stance Setback
- Popster, Ghost basalt stringers
- BA MD (biax)
- Royal Rubber Pads
- all-mountain edge bevel
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help