First Call Snowboard - Hillside Project
Part of Salomon's Hillside Project of uniquely shaped pow boards the First Call Snowboard brings a fresh and inherently fun perspective to the mountain, whether you're surfing two feet of fresh after a massive storm or cruising slush laps on a warm spring day. Although it's shaped with a good dose of taper and funky tail cut-outs for functional float on powder days, the First Call is all about injecting a bit of freestyle playfulness into your freeride pursuits, making it an ideal board for the rider seeking to lap up powder first thing in the morning before sending side-hits and spinning off cat-tracks in the afternoon.
Seeing it's part of the Hillside Project, each size of the First Call Snowboard gets its own distinctive shape outline, width, and tail cut-out. The 151-centimeter board is by far the widest of the three boards in this collection, offering up maximum maneuverability without sacrificing float on those deep days in the trees. Even though it's a short board, you'll find it handles like it's much larger, allowing you to downsize like the legendary Derby that's been replaced with this model.
Sitting in the middle of the size range, the 157-centimeter board is more of a jack-of-all-trades board that's great for freeriding, cruising, and hitting jumps. Basically, this is the choice for most riders seeking a daily driver for virtually anything the mountain serves up, including deep powder. And finally, the largest 162-centimeter board provides the most surface area of the three, making it float fantastically and support the biggest riders looking for something fun to ride, from deep powder days to fun-loving park laps.
All three boards share similar notes in shape and rocker/camber profile, with all models being tapered in shape and directional, but centered along the effective edge for stomping switch landings without it feeling unnerving or off-balance. Moderate taper makes the nose wider than the tail, which naturally keeps the big nose floating across the powder without submerging. Furthermore, all three boards share Rock Out Camber, which consists of cambered sections under the bindings, a large flat section between the feet, and rocker at the tip and tail. This profile maintains the responsiveness underfoot you've come to love from camber, but with a lot less catch and greater float, as the tips naturally rise off the snow to keep you catch-free and floating with ease.
- A custom ride with a specific size catered to your priorities
- Rock Out Camber blends rocker and camber for maximum control
- Tapered twin keeps all your options open and carves like a dream
- Medium stiffness initiates turns effectively and is stable at speed
- Aspen core is poppy and responsive to boost control and enjoyment
- Moderate taper keeps the nose above the snow in dicey situations
- Sintered base is fast and easily maintained for consistent glide
- Item #SAL01GC
- 151cm, 157cm, 162cm
- Rock Out Camber (rocker tip & tail, camber underfoot, flat between the bindings)
- directional twin
- Effective Edge
- [151cm] 1150mm, [157cm] 1200mm, [162cm] 1245mm
- Waist Width
- [151cm] 263mm, [157cm] 255mm, [162cm] 260mm
- Stance Width
- [151cm] 19.7 - 24.4in, [157cm] 19.7 - 24.4in, [162cm] 20.5 - 25.2in
- Stance Setback
- Aspen Select, Ghost Basalt stringers
- BA MD (biax)
- all-mountain edge bevel
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain snowboarding, freeride/powder snowboarding, park & freestyle snowboarding
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help