Built for the backcountry.
Just like everything in Salomon's QST collection, the QST Charge Helmet has a backcountry-specific design for long tours on skis or a splitboard. It's significantly lighter than Salomon's other helmets, but that doesn't mean it isn't safe; on the contrary, the EPS 40 foam protects your head more efficiently by absorbing oblique and vertical shocks. Salmon lined the foam in AdvancedDry fabric to wick all the moisture you sweated on the skin track, and there are merino wool panels for even more enhanced comfort. Merino wool excels in thermal regulation, and its natural anti-odor properties make a distinguishable difference when compared to your boot's liner. As if that weren't enough, Salomon added its Thermo Control System with adjustable ventilation slits to assure proper cooling during hot laps.
- Ski helmet designed specifically for backcountry
- Lightweight construction includes shock-absorbing foam
- Thermo Control System includes adjustable ventilation
- Lining composed of merino wool and AdvancedDry fabrics
- Custom dial at back assures an easy, secure fit
- 3D Sound System ear pads allow audio compatibility
- Item #SAL014D
3D Sound System ear pads
CE-EN1077 / ASTM F-2040
backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding
- Q & A
Super nice helmet
Great styling and super light weight for a ski helmet. Integrates well with the Saloman goggles.