Select a Size
Select a Color
Outback 500 GTX Backpacking Boot
Venture further than ever before with the Salomon Outback 500 GTX Backpacking Boot on your feet. This lightweight backpacker boasts an impressive blend of cushion, support, and stability that will have you reaching tons of new locations. The Gore-Tex upper with waterproof materials keeps your feet dry by repelling water and wicking moisture off of your foot while also protecting you from debris via a gusseted tongue and burly toecap. To ensure you can keep putting one foot in front of the other these boots boast a supportive and cushioned Energy cell midsole that if further reinforced by a molded EVA sock liner. Finally a super grippy and durable Contragrip MD outsole lets you stay focused on the task at hand while you head for the summit.
- Lightweight backpacking boot built for bagging new summits
- Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry from sweat and external water
- Tried and true classic lacing system securely locks in your feet
- Welded upper with a soft collar limits rubbing and discomfort
- EnergyCell midsole reduces fatigue by providing support and cushion
- Advanced chassis keeps things stable and rigid for side-hilling
- Contragrip MD provides long lasting grip on soft and hard surfaces
- Item #SAL01LR
- Upper Material
- molded EVA
- Contragrip MD
- Shaft Height
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- backpacking, hiking, ultralight backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
February 15, 2020
Backcountry is the worst
I was charged for shipping to return the boots after receiving defective boots? How is that my fault? Still waiting for my refund almost two weeks later. DONT BUY FROM HERE. Two day shipping also took a week.
April 20, 2020
Did you call their customer service and describe your problem? Backcountry has always been great about working with their customers in my experience. Additionally, shipping is probably delayed with all the COVID craziness, not BC’s fault.
February 28, 2019
Lightweight and Supportive!
if you're looking for a lightweight shoe, that still gives you the support, comfort, and stability in a traditional backpacking boot, the OUTback is for you! Check out the below video for more details! *Note: I'm a Salomon employee*