Authentic LTR GTX Backpacking Boot
When you're looking for protection and comfort on the trail, while also counting ounces and counting pennies, the Salomon Authentic LTR GTX Backpacking Boot is a solid choice. While it might not be as rugged as the Quest 4D, or as lightweight as the Quest Prime, it still boasts durable leather uppers, a waterproof Gore-Tex membrane, and more than enough grip for technical terrain and lengthy backpacking trips—all at an affordable price that leaves you with plenty of funds for some solid meal planning on your next adventure.
Gore-Tex Extended Comfort ensures that your wool socks stay warm and dry during rainy weather or creek crossings, while still allowing your feet to breath if sunny skies make an appearance. The high traction outsoles were born to conquer scree fields and muddy trails alike, backed by protective heel and toe caps that shed water and defend against bruising encounters with rocks and roots. Salomon slipped a chassis between the sole and midsole to maximize motion control and energy management, while the injected EVA midsole cushions your foot to reduce fatigue on longer treks. All these features come wrapped in an attractive split suede package that looks great and offers a comfortable fit, right out of the box.
- Rugged boots for hiking and backpacking in wet climates
- Gore-Tex membrane offers breathable waterproof protection
- Mesh and leather uppers provide durable performance
- Injected EVA midsole wards off fatigue when trekking
- High traction outsoles tackle rocky, variable terrain
- Protective heel and toe cap defends against rocks and water
- Advanced Chassis delivers an efficient, stable, responsive ride
- Generous shaft height and lacing ensures a secure, supportive fit
- Item #SAL01AI