Fast and light.
If you're looking for a trailblazer of a shoe that is light enough to make miles and won't break your knees on the downhill, look no further than the Salewa Men's Ultra Flex Mid GTX. Built in collaboration with Michelin, the GTX features a special rubber sole built for tearing up uneven terrain. Plus, the boot includes a Gore-Tex membrane so you can stomp straight through the mud, muck, puddles, and creeks without worrying about saturating your socks or endangering the warmth of your feet. At a whopping 13.5oz/shoe weight, the GTX is also pretty light, so it won't slow you down too much and generate more fatigue over time.
- Lightweight boot that doesn't skimp on protection
- Gore-Tex membrane is waterproof and breathable for dry feet
- Mid-height provides ankle support, but isn't too heavy
- Michelin rubber outsole is tough and rugged for uneven terrain
- 3F system provides ankle support and for enhanced comfort
- Item #SFW006X
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: 11.0
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 235lbs
I live on 300 acres and take two of the dogs for an hour walk every morning and evening, in the rain, sleet, snow and shine. Walk on dirt, grass, rocks and in creeks. I needed a sturdy, waterproof and comfortable boot. This boot was the ticket. It looks every bit as good as it performs, perfect. This is the best fitting, most durable boot I have ever owned.