Why We Like The Salewa Ortles Med 3 RDS Down Jacket
Made for mountaineering, the Salewa Ortles Med RDS Down Jacket dominates alpine environments with its body-mapped insulation. It features responsibly sourced down fill in the torso to maintain our core temperature with a wool-synthetic blend in the zones most exposed to moisture to continue insulating us if we get wet. The jacket's midweight insulation balances warmth with packability, offering enough heat retention for alpine pursuits while still packing down small enough not to hog room in our packs. The Ortles also features small details to accommodate climbing, hiking, and mountaineering, such as a two-way zipper and higher hand pockets to accommodate our harness or waist belt and ergonomic sleeves to prevent the jacket from riding up when we're climbing or skiing.
- Midweight down jacket for alpine adventurers
- Nylon ripstop is abrasion-resistant for alpine use
- DWR coating protects against light snow, sleet, sprinkles
- Duck down is packable with great warmth for the weight
- TirolWool insulates when wet and dries quickly
- 2-way zipper for easy access to our belay device
- Jacket packs into its integrated pack-it pocket
- Slim fit maximizes heat retention, breathability, and layering
- Item #SFWZ09P
- Responsible Collection
- [materials] bluesign®️ APPROVED, Responsibly Sourced
- [face fabric] 15D nylon ripstop, PFC-free DWR treatment, [lining] 20D nylon
- [torso] 750-fill duck down, [cuffs, shoulders, hood] TIROL WOOL® RESPONSIVE (60% polyester, 40% virgin wool
- Fill Weight
- 4.2oz (120g)
- Center Back Length
- adjustable, fitted
- two zippered side, zippered chest
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 1oz
- ski touring, mountaineering, backpacking
- Manufacturer Warranty
- limited 2 year
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help