Random House The Backpacker's Field Manual: A Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Backcountry Skills
Select style & size:Select options
Hauling heavy backpacks: a how-to.
The Backpacker's Field Manual: A Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Backcountry Skills can instruct even the most novice trekkers how to travel safely and comfortably in the wilderness. It covers the basics that beginners need for choosing gear, food, clothing, and supplies, as well as how to tread the wilderness without interfering sensitive ecosystems. The Director of Outdoor Action in Princeton, Rick Curtis, also writes to more advanced trekkers with critical insight into first aid, finding lost people, seeking shelter in lighting storms, and repairing broken equipment.
- Comprehensive backpacking guide
- Covers full itinerary of equipment, food, clothing, and supplies
- Wilderness guidance includes campsite info and map navigation
- Travel safety section covers finding lost people and shelter seeking
- Over one hundred drawings illustrate how to explore comfortably
- Item #RDH0001
Three Rivers Press