Into the mist.
Summers in the PNW are pretty groovy—mild temperatures, immaculate granite, winding trails through the evergreens, and volcanoes aplenty for skiing corn snow—but the weather-hardy souls who stay through the winter better be ready for cold and damp conditions. Technically-focused and designed for alpinists, the Rab Women's Altus Insulated Jacket offers evolved synthetic wet weather performance with a true equivalence to the compressibility and warmth-to-weight ratio of down.
Rab's Cirrus 3M Featherless Insulation is wrapped in durable Pertex Quantum outer fabric with mini baffles, resulting in a jacket that shrugs a victorious "meh" in the face of sleet, snow, and rain. A slim fit layers well under harnesses, and Lycra-bound elasticized cuffs seal out the elements and keep your hands free. Weighing in at 12.5oz, the Altus is so light you'll almost forget it's even in your pack or on your back.
- The warmth-to-weight ratio of down for alpine pursuits
- Made entirely of synthetics for wet weather performance
- Cirrus Featherless Insulation with Pertex Quantum outer
- Internal insulated baffle and soft chin guard
- Lycra-bound elasticized cuffs with a hem drawcord
- Slim fit works well with harnesses and layers
- Item #RAB00DA