From chase to commute.
Though it's primary role is as a waterproof, windproof, and breathable shell for chasing stashes on the other side of the backcountry gate, Quicksilver's Black Alder 2L Gore-Tex Hooded Jacket hides out in an urban snowscape just as well. The jacket's classy dobby weave texture belies its performance nature, hiding the go-for-snow Gore-Tex membrane behind a façade that isn't out of place on a daily commute. Though frankly, if it's snowing hard enough to warrant the jacket's fully taped seams, removable powder skirt, and jacket-to-pant attachment design, then you should probably be calling in sick, anyway.
- A breathable shell that keeps the weather on the outside
- 2-layer Gore-Tex membrane makes friends with inclement conditions
- Helmet-compatible hood encourages safety while sending it
- Fully taped seams prevent precipitation from sneaking in
- Regular fit moves as you do and offers room for layers
- Underarm zippered vents release excess heat in a pinch
- Powder skirt seals out unwanted snow on deep days
- Multiple pockets stash your smaller goodies
- Item #QKS02ZQ
- Q & A
Survived a Whistler weekend
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Large
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 185lbs
My first ever Gore-Tex jacket. Took it to Whistler for a 4 day trip and it snowed 2+ feet, plus rained one day and I stayed perfectly dry the entire time. The rest of the crew did not. Fit was good and the jacket to pant connection works well. Itâs warm, so layering is key.
I buy a lot of Quiksilver stuff, and this jacket is by far the best constructed product Iâve purchased from the company. If youâre looking for a Gore-Tex jacket and like this brand, you wonât be disappointed.