One of the best upgrades to mountain bikes in the last decade is the evolution and proliferation of dropper seatposts. Despite advancements in the performance and reliability of dropper posts, a lot of the actuation levers feel like an afterthought, especially ones sporting cheap materials or poor ergonomics. After testing a bunch of levers, PNW Components decided they could do better and created the Loam Lever—a premium dropper post remote that combines satisfying ergonomics with precision and durability. PNW obsessed over the design as they wanted a lever that felt crisp, was easy to push, and had a natural feel through its stroke. With the Loam Lever they've hit these marks and made something that's truly fun to press, and quite possibly the smoothest lever action we've ever felt on a dropper.
The Loam Lever has four key characteristics that set it apart from others on the market: adjustability, weather proofing, no slip grip, and precise construction. Adjustability is straightforward. It includes a two position side to side as well as a pivoting reach adjustment that let you position the lever right where you want it. As far as weather resistance goes, the Loam Lever was built to withstand the rigors of a wet Pacific North West winter and the exaggerated wear it causes to your components. Water and grime persistently get into the nuts, bolts, and bearings of your bike and cause degradation. Levers that use plastic or injected carbon degrade quickly in these conditions, and so do low grade bearings and bushings. To combat this, PNW uses an oversized high quality double-sealed bearing as well as all stainless hardware to keep the lever from binding up and failing even after extended wet weather riding.
Perhaps the defining feature of this lever is the grippy injection-molded thumb pad. We're surprised nobody else does this, because it makes a lot of sense. It feels good against your thumb and provides no slip grip even in the sloppiest conditions. And should you wear it out, it's replaceable. The rest of the lever is custom CNC-machined aluminum that's constructed with precision in order to reduce weight while remaining totally durable. The Loam Lever is available with different colors of thumb pad, fastens to your handlebars via a standard 22.2mm hinge clamp, is compatible with any cable-actuated dropper post, and includes a Jagwire derailleur cable inside the 100% recyclable packaging so you can easily get started.
- A smooth and ergonomic dropper remote that's built to last
- Lever feels crisp, easy to push, and is smooth through its stroke
- Two forms of adjustment let you dial in the perfect placement
- Sealed bearing and stainless hardware for longevity and durability
- Ergonomic thumb pad provides grip even in wet, sloppy conditions
- CNC-machined for precision and weight reduction
- Compatible with any cable-actuated dropper post
- Cable housing not included
- Item #PNW000Q
- [lever and clamp] CNC-machined aluminum, [hardware] stainless steel, [thumb pad] injection-molded rubber
- 22.2mm handlebar clamp, SRAM MatchMaker X, Shimano I-SPEC II
- Crankset Compatibility
- 1x drivetrains
- Compatible Components
- cable-actuated dropper seatposts
- Claimed Weight
- [without clamp] 1.1oz (32g)
- 1 cable
- Manufacturer Warranty