Select style & size:Select options
Written by Steve House and Scott Johnson, the Patagonia Training For The New Alpinism: A Manual for the Climber as Athlete Book is a self-coaching book for aspiring mountaineers. This book features a variety of training practices and translates them into an applicable regimen for your daily life, regardless of where you live. Additionally, chapters throughout the book cover endurance and strength training theory, including methodology, application, planning, nutrition, altitude, and mental fitness.
- A training book on alpinism for climbers
- Detailed instructions on how to plan
- Personal strength assessment and goal suggestions
- Filled with photos, graphs, and illustrations
- Item #PAT026S
- Q & A
rad book super informative i suggest it!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a well written book with lots of information
Good for backpack ballast
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I often joke that because of the sheer size and weight of this book, the book itself would be a good training tool to haul up and down mountainous hikes. Which is exactly what I did, when it came to training for my summer adventures!
The actual contents of the book - the writing in other words is a good read as well.