Why We Like The Refugio 30L Backpack
When we have a huge laundry list that keeps us away from home all day, the Patagonia Refugio 30L Backpack serves as our home away from home. It has plenty of space to store our work, layers, and a big lunch, and Patagonia doubled down on weather protection with PU and PFC-free DWR coatings. Like most of Patagonia's goods, we appreciate the Refugio's mostly-recycled construction.
- Your refuge for all the things needed for casual days
- 30L appropriately sized for a full day
- PU-treated, PFC-free DWR coated, recycled construction for water-resistance
- Spacer mesh back panel and shoulder straps ensure a comfy carry
- Bungee front stashes a layer or two when the pack is full
- Compression straps secure your load
- Item #PATZA0M
- Responsible Collection
- 400D recycled polyester, PU, PFC-free DWR [lining] 200D recycled polyester, PU [back panel] 100% polyester spacer mesh [side panels] 84% recycled nylon, 16% spandex power mesh [webbing] 100% recycled nylon
- 30L (1830cu in)
- Shoulder Straps
- padded, adjustable
- top zipper
- 1 zippered top, 2 side
- Laptop Sleeve
- 11.5 x 5 x 18.5in
- Claimed Weight
- 1lb 12oz
- Manufacturer Warranty
3 based on 2 ratings
Fits Slightly SmallScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
August 26, 2023
A trash bag would be better
- I've used it several times
No way this is 30l. The Included sleeve feels cheap. When other reviewer say this loads too heavy what they mean is there is no way to carry it in your back normally. I tried to make this work but it was a complete waste of money
May 10, 2022
Perfect for light travel
- I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I have a variety of backpacks and have been looking for a light weight, but large capacity pack. This one hits the marks! I love my highly engineered *sprey, but sometimes I don't need all of the organization. Without the pre-configured pockets, the Refugio allows me to organize to my own specs (with packing cubes). My favorite feature is the removable laptop sleeve - this is perfect because sometimes you need it and sometimes you don't. I love the flexibility a surprised that his was one of the only packs that offers that feature. Without the extra weight of over zealous organization, this easily converts to a day back. The overall size is manageable for an under the seat personal carry on. Overall a great choice in travel/commuting backpack.
Need Expert Advice?
Our Gearheads Can Help