R1 TechFace Fleece Jacket
- Performance fleece forged for climbing, hiking, or casual wear
- Grid fleece enhances moisture management by wicking and drying
- Breathable, stretchy fabric offers freedom of movement
- Smooth exterior resists abrasion, water, and wind
- Slim fit enables easy layering for waterproof shells and insulators
- Item #PAT02Y2
- 92% polyester (69% recycled), 8% spandex, DWR
- Fleece Weight
- Claimed Weight
- Recommended Use
- all-mountain skiing, all-mountain snowboarding, backcountry skiing, backcountry snowboarding, backpacking, bouldering, casual, hiking, sport climbing, trad climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty
What do you think about this product?
October 18, 2020
Much Improved For 2020
- I've put it through the wringer
- True to size
- Size Bought
- 5` 11"
- 230 lbs
The plain truth is the previous versions were too skinny, especially in the arms, to use a base layer underneath if you vere even slightly muscular. Patagonia has smartened up and made ALL their R1 mens models slightly more roomy and IMPROVED them thusly, IMO. I bought a 2020 R1 Techface half zip pullover and now one of these 2020 R1 Techface jackets. FWIW, I use a Columbia Terminal Tackle PFG long sleeve as my baselayer for both. Wash the Techface 2-3 times to soften up the tech face.
April 16, 2020
Patagonia R1- New design fails
- I've used it several times
- Runs large
- Size Bought
- 6` 0"
- 165 lbs
Had the R1 a few years ago and loved it! Still have it- orange- high vis and great for outdoor activity as a base layer over under armor or smart wool. Wanted another one in a more subdued color for travel. The new one is a different jacket. It is larger and looser- I can live with this. The secondary internal pockets are gone! These internal pockets were the main reason I ordered another one. On the older version- These pockets piggy backed off the outer pockets. Those inner pockets are key for keeping batteries and contacts and power bars warm. Why the change- probably less labor and material but the price stayed the same...