Added warmth without the guilt trip.
One of surfing's dirtiest secrets is its reliance on neoprene wetsuits, which use petroleum-intensive methods and toxic chemicals throughout production. Eliminating this problem from high-performance surf wear, the Patagonia Women's R1 Lite Yulex Surf Short swaps out traditional neoprene for bio-based Yulex rubber. Yulex natural rubber offers the same warmth and performance characteristics of neoprene, ensuring you stay warm and flexible in your local line-up.
The R1 Lite Yulex Surf Short adds a touch of warmth through early-morning surf and breezy conditions with its 1.5-millimeter thickness. It's a great addition for surfing in warmer water ranging from 65 to 75 degrees. The low-cut design enhances flexibility when you're duck diving under oncoming waves and dropping into clean swells. Smooth flatlock seams eliminate chafing and irritation from the equation, so you can surf until the sun goes down. Also, there's an elasticized waist for a secure fit without it riding up or slipping.
- Performance wetsuit short made without neoprene
- Yulex natural rubber for sustainable warmth
- 1.5mm thickness is best for 65 to 75°F water
- Smooth flatlock seams eliminate chafing
- Elasticized waist for a secure fit
- Patagonia is a leader is sustainable innovation
- Item #PAT01WS