Select style & size:Select options
Solving surfing's dirty secret.
Surfers have traditionally relied on neoprene wetsuits to keep them warm and agile while paddling out and catching swells. Unfortunately, neoprene poses a major environmental problem by requiring the use of petroleum and toxic chemicals throughout production. Eliminating this harmful impact, the Patagonia R1 Lite Yulex Front-Zip Long-Sleeve Top replaces neoprene with Yulex natural rubber. This bio-based rubber maintains the same warmth and stretch characteristics of traditional neoprene, but with a drastic 80% reduction in CO2 emissions throughout the wetsuit's production process.
This 1.5-millimeter wetsuit top is an ideal choice for the surfer seeking extra insulation from chilly morning waves and breezy conditions. The full-length front zipper allows for painless entry and exit without bending like a contortionist. Triple-glued, blindstitched seams prevent water from seeping inside and chilling your core. The seams are internally spot taped along high-stress zones for greater durability. There's also a fused waistline for a low profile fit.
- Performance wetsuit top sourced from natural rubber
- Yulex natural rubber delivers sustainable warmth
- 1.5mm thickness is best for 65 to 75ºF water
- Full-length front zipper for quick entry and exit
- Triple-glued, blindstitched seams for a watertight seal
- Internally spot taped along high-stress areas
- Fused edge waist creates a low-profile fit
- Corrosion-proof Salmi zipper
- Item #PAT01WN